Adults (18 years and older) who are Menifee community members and businesses who want to get more involved with the city have the opportunity to participate in a free 8-week Citizens' Academy to engage with City of Menifee Elected Officials, Executive staff, and learn about their local Menifee city government and the many aspects of how their city functions.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with City Leaders, Department Directors, and staff
- Learning how individual departments operate, with complete overviews and hands-on activities
- Understanding how the local government allocates funds and how decisions are made
- Learn about development, how it occurs, the process, and how businesses come to the city
- Improve intercommunications between residents/businesses and City Hall
This program is a unique way for residents and business owners to participate in lively discussions and interactive activities with fellow community members and/or local business owners and become more involved and informed citizens and/or local businesses. The Citizens' Academy will continue as long as there is interest from the Menifee community.